The mission of the Collège des médecins du Québec is to promote quality medicine so as to protect the public and help improve the health of Quebecers.
To accomplish its mission, the Collège des médecins du Québec:
- verifies the competence of future physicians and their fitness to practise medicine;
- ensures and promotes the maintenance of competence of physicians;
- evaluates and controls the professional practice of physicians;
- receives and deals with complaints from the public;
- controls the illegal practice of medicine;
- takes a position in debates of public concern in matters of health
To fulfil its functions, the Collège has permanent committees and divisions. For each statutory committee of the Collège des médecins there is a corresponding division, composed of physicians employed full-time in most cases and responsible for implementing the decisions taken by the corresponding committee and the Board of Directors of the Collège. The Executive Committee coordinates the activities of all divisions.