As a service to the public, the Collège des médecins du Québec will authenticate the signature of any of its members. The Administrative Services Division is responsible for certifying, on presentation of a document respecting established standards, that the signature of a physician corresponds to the specimen in his or her professional file, and that the physician is registered on the membership roll of the Collège.
if you wish to have a document authenticated, you must provide your name, given name, address and telephone number as identification. You may complete the form entitled Authentication of a Physician’s Signature or include the information in a letter, which may then be mailed or delivered in person to the Collège des médecins du Québec, preferably with an appointment:
- from Monday to Thursday, from 8:30 am to 11:30 am and from 2 pm to 3:30 pm
- Friday, from 8:30 am to 11 am.
- The document to be authenticated must be of a medical nature, must be an original and on paper form (the authentication may be done on a copy if the original has been presented).
- The document must be written in French or English.
- The document must be dated. If it is older than one year, it may be authenticated if the physician was registered on the membership roll at the date specified on the document.
An authentication is for one (1) physician. If the request is made for more than one physician, the cost will be multiplicated by the number of physicians.
Payment must be made by cheque or money order; those who go directly to the Collège may also pay in cash. We do not accept credit or debit cards.
For further information, please call 514 933-4441, ext. 4087.