If you are an international medical graduate (IMG) and a clinician in active practice, you may apply for a restrictive permit provided you are sponsored by Recrutement Santé Québec (RSQ), an agency of the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux du Québec (MSSS). For this pathway, you must satisfy a medical workforce requirement identified by the MSSS.
Registration with RSQ should be the first step in order to obtain your permit. This service will help you to identify a health care institution ready to recruit you. The sponsorship currently includes financial support to complete your permit application process and the Assessment period and assures you of a position in the regional medical staffing plans (PREM). Information: section General information - restricive permit.
When you will have obtained a financial support from RSQ, the latter will assume the costs for the file review, the labour market impact study, where applicable, the organization and completion of the assessement period.
- You have a Doctor of Medicine degree or an equivalent degree from a school or faculty listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) published by the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
- You have successfully completed the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE) or the USMLE Step 2 CK. Examination required
- You have completed postgraduate training that is roughly equivalent to that required in Quebec for the specialty for which the restrictive permit application is being submitted.
- You have a specialist’s certificate in the discipline for which the restrictive permit application is being submitted.
- You have practiced competently in the area of medical expertise for which the restrictive permit application is being submitted for 12 months during the two years preceding your application.
- You have provided proof of French language proficiency (see Exemption criteria)
- You have successfully completed the Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF) examination before the organization of the assessment period, in the twenty-four (24) months following your application at the CMQ. Examination required.
- You have successfully completed an assessment period. Assessment period
- You completed the ALDO-Québec educational activity before obtaining your permit.
- You have submitted your application to physiciansapply.ca.
Criteria for the immediate withdrawal of a restrictive permit without further formality:
- The permit holder is struck off or requests that his name be removed from the Roll of the CMQ;
- The permit holder no longer has privileges in an institution, confirmed by a resolution of the institution’s board of directors;
- The permit holder ceases to practice.
The CMQ assumes no responsibility for the immigration procedure, with the exception of temporary measures for the purposes of the adaptation/assessment period.
For information, write to: email@example.com