In Quebec, an undergraduate student must be issued a registration certificate by the Collège, authorizing them to perform, under supervision, the medical activities required to complete their training in accordance with the Regulation respecting professional activities that may be engaged in by persons other than physicians.

Furthermore, the student must perform these medical activities in compliance with the standards applicable to physicians, particularly those relating to ethics and the keeping of records and consulting rooms.

If you are a student in a faculty of medicine outside Quebec and would like to complete clinical rotations (training periods) in Quebec:

Telemedicine is important for you as well. Learn more in the Telemedicine section.
  • you must be accepted by a faculty of medicine in Quebec;
  • the faculty of medicine will confirm your acceptance with the Collège;
  • you will receive an email from the Collège inviting you to complete your Application for registration through Online services. You will be given a user code and password so that you can access the form.

The registration certificate will then be issued to you.

If you are a student in a faculty of medicine outside Canada:

Once you have completed the above steps and received your registration certificate, you will also receive a letter of eligibility from the Collège. You will have to show this letter to the Canadian immigration authorities when you enter the country.

Registration may be revoked as provided for in the Regulation respecting causes, terms and conditions for issuing and revoking registration in medicine.
Application for registration

To submit an application for registration, you must wait until you receive an email from the Collège inviting you to do so. 

Application deadline

Regular students

You will be sent an invitation by email in the fall and will have until mid October to submit your application.

Temporary students

You must submit your application for registration before you start your training period.

For information, write to:

In case of dissatisfaction

You can file a complaint if you are dissatisfied or have difficulty in obtaining a permit or becoming a member of the Ordre.

An independent governmental body is available to you: the Commissioner for Admission to Professions. The commissioner receives and examines all complaints concerning admission to professions: 

  • for any process or stage of admission;
  • against any person or organization involved (the College or a third party).
Last update: March 29, 2022