||Issuance of permit to practice and specialist’s certificate between June 1st and August 31, 2016 - To read the notice sent to eligible residents, click here.
You may submit an application if:
- You have a Doctor of Medicine degree from Quebec, you completed your postgraduate training in Quebec and you satisfy all the requirements.
- You have a Doctor of Medicine degree from a medical school in Canada or the United States that is accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), you completed your postgraduate training in Canada in a program accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC), the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (Royal College) or the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) and you satisfy all the requirements.
You have a Doctor of Medicine degree as described under Point 2, you completed your postgraduate training in the United States in a program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) that is equivalent in duration and content to the program in Quebec and you satisfy all the requirements. If the program is not equivalent in duration and content to the program in Quebec, an equivalence of 12 months of training in family medicine and 24 months of training in another specialty may be recognized if you can prove that you have two years of relevant experience in the specialty concerned for each year of equivalence required, subject to a file review by the Admission to Practice Committee (APC). Additional fees will apply. If you completed your postgraduate training in a program that is not accredited by the ACGME, you must apply for a residency position in a medical program in Quebec. Please consult the websites of the Bureau de coopération interuniversitaire BCI and the Canadian Resident Matching Service CaRMS .
- You have an international medical degree that has been recognized as equivalent by the CMQ, you completed your postgraduate training in a program that is recognized by the CMQ and is equivalent in duration and content to the program in Quebec and you satisfy all the requirements.
For all other situations, see the section Permit (regular) – Recognition of equivalence of a degree.
- You have successfully completed the certification examinations (family medicine or other specialty). Examinations required
- You have participated in the ALDO-Québec educational activity.
To submit an application:
You must complete the application on physiciansapply.ca at least one month before the scheduled practice start date.
If you wish to receive your permit between June 1 and August 31, you must submit your application no later than May 1.
For information, write to: email@example.com.