Under this Act, you may request access to documents regarding the monitoring of the medical profession. The right of access applies only to documents that can be released without computation or comparison of information.
Access to information
Dr. Isabelle Tardif, Secretary of the Order, is in charge of access to documents and the protection of personal information at the CMQ.
- She must ensure the CMQ fulfils its responsibilities with respect to access to information and the protection of personal information.
- She receives and responds to requests for access to information.
The Syndic is responsible for access to and protection of the documents and information it obtains or holds in the context of the reports they receive.
The form Request for access to a document or to personal information can be:
- filled electronically and printed, or
- printed and filled out by hand.
In both cases, the form must be signed and dated.
The form can be sent to the CMQ by email, by fax or by mail.
There is no fee to access a document.
However, the CMQ may charge a fee for the cost of transcribing or copying the document. You will be informed of the approximate amount beforehand, where applicable.
Transmission of your request to the CMQ
- Your request for access to a document may be made verbally or in writing to the person in charge of access to information.
- It is important to note that under the Act, only a decision regarding a request made in writing may be subject to review by the Commission d’accès à l’information.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your access request in which the person in charge will indicate the date on which you will receive a written response to your request.
- The response time provided for by law is 20 consecutive days. This may be extended by 10 days if necessary.
Certificate of professional conduct
Please access the secure space of the website if you wish to apply for a certificate of professional conduct.
Disclosure of personal information to a third party
In the precise case where a physician (or a future physician) wishes that personal information concerning them to be transmitted to a third party, they must fill out the consent form provided for this purpose and send it to the CMQ by fax or by mail to the number or address indicated on the form.
For more information on access to documents, see the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information or read the document Régime d’accès aux documents et de protection des renseignements personnels applicable aux ordres professionnels [Regime for access to documents and the protection of personal information applicable to professional orders; in French only].
You can also contact the person in charge of access to information. Her contact information is as follows:
Dr. Isabelle Tardif
Person responsible for access to information and the protection of personal information of the order
Collège des médecins du Québec
1250, René-Lévesque Boulevard West
Telephone : 514 933-4441, ext. 5254 or 5395
Fax: 514 933-3276